Tuesday 25 June 2013

Hide that family photo!

Let me start by saying this... I am ALWAYS the one behind the camera. One reason is that I seem to be the only one thinking of taking photos (lol) and also because I don't want to BE in the photos. I hate how I look right now so I am more than happy to take photo's of my kids and my hubby with the kids but I try to avoid photo's of me with them at all costs.. unless they are "selfies" and I can check the photo and take another one if I don't like the original.

This is the only family photo from our trip.. if I didn't have a change of heart.. it would have been deleted!
 
I know it is really important to cherish these moments, and keep these photographs even if I don't like how my body is. It is hard though, as someone with major body image issues.. I am working on it, one day I won't let it consume me.
 
 
~Jennifer

5 comments:

  1. Digital cameras are good for that. And really yes you should be in the picture and don't sweat the small stuff lady. Your body is strong and healthy, right? You are a Mom, right? You deserve to be in the shot and think about it like this. How many pictures would they miss and what would they have years from now when you and Dh are old and depart. It's important they have memories that are also tangible and they see you in the picture. Rant over. They don't care about your body size or weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes! You MUST stay in the photos, those are memories for your kids! when in doubt throw a kid on your lap to hide any trouble areas you don't like showing! lol kids are good for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, being IN the photo's is so important for your kids/family. Hubby's grandmother was always the photographer, and when she passed away there were hardly any pictures of her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally guilty of this. But it's memories for the kids! So important. And even though I say that... I still end up MIA from 99% of the photos, simply because I am the one operating the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am guilty of this too but, try to make an effort to step out of this. It's so hard. I always remind myself that my kiddos are only going to be this small once.

    ReplyDelete